Muted Moments | Houston Newborn Photographers

There was a time when I thought being a good photographer meant that all your photographs have to be processed the same way.  “They” say, you’ve got to be consistent with your brand and people hire you for a look that is uniquely you.  Well, that is all fine and dandy in some slightly boring world.  ha!  I mean, a quick look at my portfolio will tell you that I like clean, bright, classically processed images.  I don’t mess with too many different trends in processing anymore.  Most of my images are consistent in post processing, but there is often one image from every session that just deserves a sort of different look when it comes to processing.  Recently, this image was that image.  It just didn’t look right all super bright and bold in color.  Some might say the image is a little muted and that’s cool.  What is important to me is taking each image and making it the best it can be…and 99% of the time it’s one way.  The other 1% is better somewhat different.  This was such a beautiful moment and I wanted it soft and sweet.  I dig it.  What do you think?  I think it needs to be really big on canvas. <3

Houston Newborn Photographers

{And oh, by the way, this was shot at 6400 ISO.  Photographers, don’t be afraid to crank up that ISO to get the shot.  Just be sure to meter perfectly.}

Houston Newborn Photographers

birth, newborn, maternity, baby, child & family photography in Houston, The Heights, Montrose, Bellaire, West University, River Oaks, Rice Village, The Woodlands & Cypress

©Captured Simplicity

Share on facebook||Email to a friend