Houston Family Photographer | Houston Child Photographer | Baby Photographer Houston bio picture
  • Hi. I'm Amy...a photographer here in Houston, Texas. Families, babies and children are what make my heart sing. I like to think I catch the divine in the ordinary using natural light and everyday settings. My style is pretty simple. It’s a dab of traditional (for my youngest clients) mixed with modern lifestyle portraiture, indoors and out. Candid shots are my favorite. I want to capture a child’s spirit and a family's personality, even if that's not traditional smiles. My #1 goal...to photograph families in real life, not something that was imagined or 'created'...to not just tell a story or get a certain 'shot', but to tell your story though a collection of photographs, capturing all the joy that fills your soul. The greatest satisfaction for me, is knowing when you look at these photographs years from now, they will radiate of all the splendor that your children have brought to your life and will offer an heirloom of memories for generations to come. If you want photographs that are a little different and are not afraid to let lose a little with your kids, then I most certainly am the photographer for you! Just click that little contact tab above and let's book your session. ;-)

Moments to Remember | Houston Newborn Photographers

There was a time when I thought being a good photographer meant that all your photographs have to be processed the same way.  “They” say, you’ve got to me consistent with your brand and people hire you for a look that is uniquely you.  Well, that is all fine and dandy in some slightly boring world.  ha!  I mean, there is no denying with a quick look at my portfolio that I like clean, bright, classically processed images.  I don’t mess with too many different trends in processing anymore.  Most of my images are consistent in post processing, but there is often one image from every session that just deserves a sort of different look when it comes to processing.  And this image was that image recently.  It just didn’t look right all super bright and bold in color.  Some might say the image is a little muted and that’s cool.  To me what is important is taking each image and making it the best it can be…and 99% of the time it’s one way.  The other 1% is better somewhat different and for me, this is okay.  What do you think?  I think it needs to be really big on canvas. <3

{And oh, by the way, this was shot at 6400 ISO.  Photographers, don’t be afraid to crank up that ISO to get the shot.  Just be sure to meter perfectly.}

Share on facebook||Email to a friend
Amy Leigh

Thank you so much!

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

*

*